As veterinary industry experts, we are always vigilant about communicable diseases that can impact our patients, their owners, and staff.
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are taking extra measures above and beyond our already-high standards to help ensure the safety of everyone.
- As the situation is rapidly changing, we are regularly monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal and state/local agencies to follow all recommended protocols.
- All employees are reminded to stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms and we have assured them that sick pay will be adequate.
- We will be postponing elective procedures for the immediate future as recommended by the America Veterinary Medical Association.
- We have slightly reduced our hours in an attempt to protect our team. We will see patients from 8 to 5:30 M-F and we will be open every 3rd Sat from 8 to 12. We have partnered with area clinics to alternate Saturdays for acute care and sick pets only.
The schedule is as follows:
4/4 Indian Hills Animal Clinic (both locations)
4/11 Northridge Veterinary Clinic and Rehabiliation
4/18 Skaer Veterinary Clinic
4/25 Indian Hills Animal Clinic (both locations)
5/2 Northridge Veterinary Clinic and Rehabiliation
5/9 Skaer Veterinary Clinic
- We are currently providing curb-side service only for our patients. This means that we will take a history via an online form or over the phone and come get your pet from the car. We will provide compassionate care for your pet while you wait in your car. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
For more information about COVID-19 and pets, this is a great resource from the American Veterinary Medical Association https://www.avma.org/sites/default/files/2020-03/covid-19-faq-pet-owners_031620.pdf.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
At this time, we will remain open for business with slightly reduced hours and will continue working hard to provide the level of care you have come to expect from us!
Welcome to Skaer Veterinary Clinic. We are a full service AAHA accredited practice and a Certified Gold Feline Friendly Practice. Take a look around our website. Here you will find an abundance of resources just for you and your pet. If you have any questions about our services or the website don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. Thank you for taking the time to check us out!